It is a well known fact that customer service is of great importance and benefit for any business, company or corporate office. But sometimes the same important department becomes a source of loss for the company due to common customer service mistakes committed by it. There are some common and most important mistakes which are made by customer service relevant to any field. Have a look:
- Inaccessibility of the customer service in times of urgency at the customer’s end is one of the most important customer service mistakes made by a company. Even delay in responding to the queries of the customers also leads to loss of customer base.
- Unavailability of information required by the customer or not connecting the customers to the concerned staff in the company or organization is another common mistake.
- Broken or impossible promises made by the customer service leads to loss of interest and faith of the client base in the company.
- Not listening to the queries of the customers carefully and connecting them with inappropriate staff or such guidelines which are of no sue to the customers.
- Responding in a negative language or not responding to the query of the customers completely is another important mistake. It makes a negative impression on the client base.
- Expression of inability of the customer staff to help the concerned clients is also a mistake which may reduce customer base of the company. It also diminishes the reputation of the company in the relevant field.
- Poor record keeping is also one of the major mistakes of the customer service as it leads to loss of time, money and energy on the part of the customer service as well as the client.
- Keeping the clients waiting for a long time due to any reasons is also one of the top mistakes made by customer service. It makes customers irritated and leaves a negative impression about the company.
To ensure proper working of customer service in your organization, apt measures should be taken to avoid these mistakes.